Thursday, September 18, 2008

This happened to me !!

Kids and their goof-ups !!

Who would better know than the ones who gave birth to them and who's been handling them 24 X 7 ?? Yeah, this post is dedicated to all you parents who have been handling the super-tantrums and the ultra-whacky lifestyle of the next-gen kids .

All the while, i've been posting all my experiences with my kids. Did i ever tell you all the goof-ups i've had with them too ?? Maybe its time for some honest confessions and some hilarious incidents with these little angels(or should I say Brats).

Honest Confessions

--- > I do most of the coloring in their coloring books.

--- > I get tempted to complete those yummy fatty desserts, when these kids tend to leave them half-way !

--- > I tend to go overboard when I dance with them !

--- > My house is currently filled with so many toys that atleast 10 other kids can play too. I think of charity every time but forget to do it! Maybe, I need a wake-up alarm .

--- > My idea of a vacation ?? Spending an entire weekend all by myself!!! I know its a shocking confession...but I was just being honest!!!

--- > We spend so much money on kids clothes..... We know we don't need it..but we buy them coz they are on SALE ! HUH..are we alone or do we have company??

--- > Sometimes, to have our private time...we distract the kids with TV.... i know, its bad if it becomes a habit ...but sometimes it works !

--- > Most of the car tantrums are avoided with a bar of chocolate!! Sugary bribes u see......

--- > I go hysteric when either the supply of diapers or wet wipes are coming to zero. I just can't imagine a moment without them... but sometimes I think "What the heck? what did they do when they didn't invent these??" Whatever, I can't be so adjusting .... Puhleeeesseeee..

--- > Both me and my hubby keep searching for the "most-important" things always. We try to put them inaccessible to the kids...in the process, we forget where they are ! HELP !!!!

Hilarious Incidents

---> One fine rare evening, when we got time for ourselves, putting the kiddos at a friend's place, and leaving out for dinner. I made a fool out of myself by asking for a high-chair as soon as I entered the restaurant. When the waiter just stared at my non-existent kids then only did I realize how much I got used to them.

---> At a bagel place, when I wanted to order for "Sesame bagels", I went to the counter and asked for "Sesame Street bagels".... The guy just stared at me for a while and laughed off saying "Maam, maybe u just wanted sesame bagels..not sesame street !!" Thats when I realized my goof-up .... heheheh ...

---> Once while running an errand in a supermarket, I had to urgently pass wind. I know its embarrassing, but since there was none around, I just let it go. My older one suddenly shouted , "Mama ! Someone farted !!" ...You should see me blush red !!

---> It was my elder one's first stage show on the ocassion of a spring break . I went equipped with a camera, all excited for my kid's special day . ...only to feel embarrassed that he just wouldn't perform at all, and would just stare down the ground. Even more embarrassment? The teacher revealed that he was the loudest boy during the rehearsal... she herself couldn't figure out what the problem of his non-performance was.... Answer? ME !!!! He's perfectly fine when am not around.... Will I ever be able to see my boy perform ??

---> We were watching this Telugu movie song, where the girl gets hurt bcoz the guy bites her on the lips... I was tempted to switch the TV off but it was too late. My elder one asks me, "Mama , how did the girl get hurt? Did she fall off?" I giggled and murmured, "Yes dear, she fell in love "!! Heheh.

---> One evening, on our way back from the gym, we had to go run an errand. My husband, deciding to put the parking lights on, thought to switch his gym gear to normal ones and dash back to the car within a few minutes. As we reached home, due to the chaos created by my hungry kids, we totally forgot about the car and the errand. We wake up in the morning to realize that our car has been towed away. Result ?? A clean 230 bucks for the release ....

---> Once, after completing the grocery shopping, we came back home empty-handed with the bags still remaining in the supermarket .

---> We have one super romantic portrait done, with my husband's nose on my cheek , and me with my closed mesmerized eyes. This was meant to be a bedroom pose, but we just put it for a while in the living room. A friend's daughter comes up and asks me , "Aunty, What's uncle doing to you in that photograph? " .... Whew, time to shift it to the bedroom !

---> Once, while sorting my laundry, I was trying to interact with my toddler and asked him to classify each one's clothes. The smart one he is , he was pointing out to my lingerie and said " MAMA " !!!!

If I continue writing, every feeling is a confession and each day is filled with such numerous, hilarious incidents.

Did you have fun reading this post ? If so, its time for you to be a part of this too.

Do you have some fun-related incidents with your kids, or someone else's kids, for that matter?

Do lemme know, Just post your funny comment...and I will be happy to paste them on this post.

Whatsay ? Get to work then, my fellow-parents!

8 comments:

raj said...

ha ha.. its just so beautiful to hear that from you.. :) well, I can say, I am partly experiencing them from my nieces who just turned 1 ! :) and yea the Bro code.. that EVERY guy must know... one day... haha... take care..!

shanti said...

Hey Shanthi.... Truly very funny... and funnily very true.... I bet this looked like most of my experiences too...very nice post, everyone will enjoy and am sure every one will be a part of this....even i shall post my comments in a lil while... go ahead ra... grt one !!!!

Shanthiprasadh said...

hey raj ! thanks a ton for ur comments ... i've been seeing ur nieces' pics too... wow ! Twins na...thats really double the trouble and pleasure too...

Shanthiprasadh said...

yeah akka,
thanks for ur comments ra...it means a lot to me !
I know you've been experiencing a similar stuff with ur kiddos too...lemme know some of ur stories too soon.

shanti said...

Our kids, most of the times do the opposite of what we tell others, especially when it comes to the food habits. My 8 yr old daughter never likes to eat an icecream other than a chocolate flavor.Once at our friends place all she had is only the vanilla flavor, and she asked me if she likes to eat it and i said NO, then comes my daughter "OOOO... I LOVE Vanilla Ice cream "!!!! I had a puzzled funny face !!!
To have a peaceful grocery shopping especially with a presence of mind (i always lose it with my kids around me )I just give my daughter a Book to read (she is a reading worm) and my 2yr old son any damn car to play with. And I usually put them back smartly when done cos we really dont need them everytime since we are flooed with ,em. On this particular day when i tried to grab it from my son he was tumbling and jumping and screaming for that big FORD Car. When I was at the register checkingout my stuff, the Associate asked me "Maam do you need this one" ?? I said NO, she asked me "Are you sure???" looking at me and my son who is completely out of control, "I said Fine, let me have it, Yet another one"... $40 bucks of penalty for a $25 grocery shopping!!!
On our recent trip to Washington, we were checkin in my sons Car seat and he all of a sudden started crying deep from his heart tears down the cheeks staring at someone. I was like what happened and looked at where he was staring. That guy who was getting our baggages, packed his car seat in a big bag. My lil one thought he was taking his fav car seat away from him, I told him "Its okay, he will give it back to us" and tried to calm him down. Do i have to tell about his excitement when we took it back in the Washington???
My daughter, always hyper active kept the whole crew buzy all the 3 hrs of our fly. "Can I have some activities to do???" "Can I have something healthy to eat ??" Can I have the blanky?? " "Can I have all the crews signature including the Pilot, I just want to make this day memorable... " And all the crew were so fascinated by her ideas and her friendly nature, but I am like " why cant this gal calm down???" hehehe....
But honestly am Proud to be a Mom for such wonderful kids!!! Thanks to my Sweet Shanthi for letting me share this.....

Manjula Maithiri said...

hehee funny one i like the grocery shopping one coming home empty handed it happens with me at times the absent minded me :D and yeah coming to the sesame street bagels i liked it i mean its kinda cute ...

good one shanti gr8 going ... take care ...

Rika said...

heheeeheee ... i just can't stop laughing to this one... :D
i liked the honest confessions and the hilarious incidents...
though ive no kids ive seen my neighbours n colleauges experiencing the same with their toddlers...
For instance, my neighbour has a 2 yr old who once left his shoes in a store which had kids shoes on display...
And my colleauge who has a 4 yr old says tht his son is upto something serious whenever he's calm. On one such peaceful day she went to see what he was upto and found him fill up the sink with water giving bath to his toy spiderman...and he innocently says, spidy needs a bath...

Shanthiprasadh said...

thank u radhika, for sharing ur funny experiences with me !!