Saturday, August 9, 2008

Toilet Training

To start with, do watch this link...its not an informational link...but it does contain some good humour.....Watch it to believe me.

Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXnRuyJZkUw

No !! Moms and Dads....Babies aren't definitely this scary! Its just a humorous commercial to boost up their sales...though i should mention the credibility of that particular brand.

Jokes apart, toilet training is the toughest phase any mom can experience. Hats off to all the moms some 2 decades ago...when using a diaper is something totally alien. I just can't imagine how a mother could have done without a diaper....I would die with the thought itself ! So, until the baby is ready to signal for potty signs....diapers are undoubtedly the best resort. And then, the actual phase of patience evolves....an inevitable phase for all parents.

My first-born was on diapers 24 X 7, until he was 1.5 yrs old. Then one fine day , i resolved to start training him with his toilet routine...as this is the first test and a big step towards the real world! Tej has always been good with this, not to mention he never wet his bed even once since a baby. He's been this very active and alert boy who always used to warn me before-hand about using the toilet and i had very few problems with him. However, this definitely involved visits to the bathroom every half-hour to avoid accidents until the kid got accustomed. Needless to say, my back just ached more and my patience doubled...hehe.

But yeah...when did anyone say that life is simple ? My younger one, who just turned 2 is still contemplating on leaving his diapers. And as a punishment to all the rules i make at home, he would never warn me with the slightest hint too. He would just happily wet his pants and then say "Oops Mama, wettttttt"....(as if i wouldn't know)... I just realised that he is quite different from his brother and would undoubtedly give me a tough time until he is totally on his own. Anyway, when did i say i would give up ? Watch out for me , Anuj !!!

I just don't want to elaborate too much on toilet training ...bcoz no two kids are alike in this phase. Each and every child has their own tell-tale signs of toilet and they will evolve slowly. Only one sound advice to all the mommies who are frustrated with their baby's toilet training....no one has seen an adult with diapers....so everyone's just going to eventually learn .Keep it kewl and don't push it too hard. OK??

Some more humour? Lighten up your mood....
Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-pohByllM

No comments: