Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pregnancy



Pregnancy can be one of life's most exciting and fulfilling adventures. A healthy mom and healthy baby--that's the goal for every pregnancy. Sometimes this is easy, sometimes it requires intensive efforts by the mother, her physicians, her nurses, other health care givers, family members and newborn child's physicians. However, its the most natural phase a woman has to face to bring new life into this world .



My pregnancy
--------------
I got married at the age of 18...now ,all u girls ..stop popping your eyes out..i neither belonged to the age of the "maharajas" nor to any tribal cult... It was just a game played by my destiny....a game where i only won !! so,no repenting on that ! ...
Anyway...when i got pregnant in my final year of btech..at the age of 20...i never panicked for once. The entire credit goes to my mom who put up with all my pregnancy tantrums and the weird mood-swings. I was always looking forward to have a nice and healthy baby...and as it turned out to be, my first-born was weighing more than 3.8kgs... 3 weeks before my EDD.(thats...Expected Delivery Date...for all u starter moms).. So ,the doctor panicked..again not me..and suggested me to have a delivery through a caesaran as little Teju didnt want to trouble mommy dearest. There's a little twist to his birth....i chose his bday to be Feb29th....that being the leap year....i wanted something special to happen to me and my child..and the leap year was just an added blessing (we never know if he would fight with me later on for not having his bday every single year..well,that can be dealt later ) . That was my first born, Sri Vishnu Tej.

Anuj ....as the name suggests...is my second son...and his birth is definitely worth a story. I conceieved him when i was desperate to hold a little baby girl in my hands...bcoz..little Teju was already showing up on his dad's side..and the male domination in my house was over-bearing. This happened when we were in Singapore...and life was suddenly looking very very bright and smooth...when the doctor confirmed that i will give birth to a cute girl. My husband was overjoyed...i couldnt ask for more and Teju couldnt understand anything (he was just 18 months)....That being the situation of my family , I went on a shopping spree ...doing my pre-natal shopping...giving a pretext that welcoming a girl is a lot of work. I had everything in pink...the clothes,the toys, u name it !! Also, a burning topic was selecting the name . All sorts of suggestions were pouring in and we were just exhausted with the list . And then the twist arrives in the form of Anuj....a baby boy !! Dont know why God played this trick...but his magic worked for me....I just realized that the sex of the baby is just as important as an ordinary day in our life.Seriously, after the baby is born...you never care if its a boy or a girl....its just your entire days and nights are wound up into one single purpose - Motherhood .
There's no stopping to that !!

5 comments:

Uma said...

Hey Shanu...Am happy that am the first reader of your wonderful blog and also am the first one to comment...."Motherhood" a boon for every woman and you are really making justice to the role..I just loved the way you poured out the feelings of/as a Mother...
Also, the phrase in the intro...."The game played by destiny..where i only won"..Wahh!!...i loved it to the core,and you are always a Winner darling..get going...Goodluck!!..Expecting much more from you,waiting for the further posts....
Uma.

Manjula Maithiri said...

"I got married at the age of 18...now ,all u girls ..stop popping your eyes out..i neither belonged to the age of the "maharajas" nor to any tribal cult... It was just a game played by my destiny....a game where i only won !! so,no repenting on that ! ..."

Anyone has to agree on this :D


Dont know why God played this trick...but his magic worked for me....I just realized that the sex of the baby is just as important as an ordinary day in our life.Seriously, after the baby is born...you never care if its a boy or a girl....its just your entire days and nights are wound up into one single purpose - Motherhood .
There's no stopping to that !!

So true Shanti ....


Honestly the blog is just awesome :D .... All in all Gr8 work da hoping to see more ....

Harry said...

hey nice one shanthi!!! the first post is just too good!!! second di ok...........kaani if u ask me..........informational ga kakunda.........nee feelings raayi.......informational blogs chaala unnayi kada.............

Anu said...

Hey Shanthi, my first time to your blog. And all I can say is WOWWW..u rock girl...Beautiful feelings of motherhood, penned even more beautifully.
Goodluck and keep writing..Would be regular from now on...
Anu

Unknown said...

Hey Shanti ... I am a regular reader of ur blog and I must admit ... U ROCK !!!!! The way u poured in ur feelings is amazing ... and the new additions abt the hilarious incidents is excellent. I loved reading all of them ... keep this going gal !!!
I feel this is going to help all the married and going to be married gals a lot ...